Cherry Hill Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers | Neglect Victims In NJ & PA

Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect

Elder and nursing home abuse refers to the actions or inaction taken against a senior citizen either directly or indirectly by an individual or an institution which results in harm or potential harm to the elder person. Such abuse may be physical, emotional, financial, or sexual mistreatment or neglect. If you or a family member has been the victim of elder abuse or nursing home abuse anywhere in the state of New Jersey or in Pennsylvania, it is important to seek qualified legal assistance. Please contact the our nursing home and elder abuse lawyers to discuss your situation so that we may determine what legal steps need to be taken on your behalf.

Types of Elder and Nursing Home Abuse

There are many variations of elder and nursing home abuse. Financial abuse against an elder may be committed when finances or assets of the elder are improperly used or diverted by financial planners, caregivers, conservators, trustees, banks, or family and friends. Such abuse may constitute theft, fraud, identity theft, embezzlement, and other financial crimes. Physical abuse of elders may come in the form of physical assault, denial of medication, food, water, or other amenities, physical restraint, or sexual abuse. Emotional abuse often accompanies physical abuse, including intimidation, threats, confinement, humiliation, and isolation.

Elderly persons are especially vulnerable to abuse as they are often unable to defend themselves due to impaired health and strength. As the population ages and the elder population increases, there are more opportunities for the unethical to prey on senior citizens, especially those living in nursing homes, group homes, or assisted living facilities.

It is important to help the elderly by reporting any suspicious signs of elder abuse and to consult with our experienced nursing home abuse lawyers in New Jersey at our firm for legal guidance. Call Williams Cedar today at 856-470-9777 or 215-557-0099 or submit an online inquiry.