Perth Amboy Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Injures Many, Fatally Injures Girl
logo
MENU

Perth Amboy Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Sickens Over 40, Fatally Injures Girl

Perth Amboy Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Sickens Over 40, Fatally Injures Girl

In Perth Amboy, New Jersey, over 40 victims sustained carbon monoxide poisoning, and a young girl succumbed to fatal injuries at an apartment building. On Thursday afternoon, around 4:10 pm, the incident was reported, and police officers found several occupants suffering from serious injuries as well as some who were found unconscious. A thirteen-year-old girl was fatally injured from the carbon monoxide poisoning, and three relatives of the girl remain in critical condition at the hospital. Nearly 30 police officers received treatment after being exposed to the toxic gas.

During the fatal incident, the carbon monoxide detectors failed to go off although the owner stated that the detectors were allegedly working in December. The latest reports on Monday proclaimed that a blocked chimney caused the gas accumulation in the building, and led to the accident. Unfortunately, the presence of carbon monoxide cannot be detected without a detector because it is odorless, colorless, and tasteless.

If you or your loved ones developed medical conditions due to toxic exposure and property negligence, contact our New Jersey slip and fall lawyers at Williams Cedar at 215-557-0099 or contact us online.